Wednesday, November 7

Art & Fear: A Book For ALL Artists/Crafters!

Alright ladies and gents, you may notice that I missed a couple of posts, as I was off visitng Chicago for the SOFA Art Show. Since the drive was about 9 hours each way, I had a lot of time to read the book, "Art & Fear" by David Bayles and Ted Orland.

I'm not sure what to say about this book aside from the fact that I really believe that every human being interested in art should own a copy and reread it everytime they have doubts and issues regarding their risky choice to be an artist.

It addresses topics such as why people stop making art, what manages to keep others creating, issues regarding literature and education, and many a very personal issue. It also outlines different ways to push yourself forward by realizing and making the best of your personal habits, learning to listen to your art, etc, etc. I feel like the more I go on, the worse I'll make the novel sound.

So, trust me and read it, it's only 122 pages, and if you can't find it in a library it costs all of four dollars on Amazon!

Also, happy birthday Jestress!

No comments: